Little Woodbatch Market Garden
We are a family-run business growing fresh, local vegetables on a 1 acre market garden in Bishop's Castle. 2019 is our second growing season.
You can find our produce at:
- The Bishop's Castle Farmer's Market on the third Saturday of each month
- The Knighton Community Market on the second and fourth Saturday of each month
- Harvest WholeFoods in Lydham, with a fresh delivery every Tuesday morning
- A number of local restaurants
We grow a variety of veg, including:
- Beetroot, Radishes, turnips
- Lettuce, Spinach, Rocket, Rainbow Chard
- Black Kale, Red Russian Kale and Baby Kale
- Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Peppers, Aubergines, Courgettes, Squashes
- Salad Onions, Herbs & Chillies
This season we are offering a limited number of subscriptions for our veg box scheme. Please get in touch if you are interested in a weekly veg box from late April to October.
If you are a restaurant or local shop, please get in touch and we'll be happy to provide you with our wholesale prices.
For more information or collaboration ideas, please see our contact details at bottom of the page.
If you're interested in finding out more about Daphne's research in Food Policy, have a look at her webpage.
See you at the markets!
The market garden emerged as a result of years of academic research on sustainability in local food systems. This shaped our vision of what we think a food system should be: We feel that local food should not only be delicious and accessible but can be produced in a way that benefits the environment, community and local economy. As we develop, we are keen to serve the community as an educational tool and a source of healthy, quality, and responsibly produced veg. We welcome suggestions on how we can best engage with the community.